Friday, February 11, 2011

So Rare

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;"
~1 Corinthians 13:4-5.

Love suffers long...is kind.
The 13th chapter of 1 Corinthians has always fascinated me, and from my daily verse website the above verses reminded me that it's been awhile since I really sat down and read that chapter.
True love is a lot of work, and doesn't come naturally to us human beings- at least not to me.
It doesn't come easily to me to be patient, suffer long. It doesn't come naturally to be unselfish and always speak and act kindly, and not get frustrated and not keep a record of wrongs.
This heavenly love is so rare. But even if it is nearly non-existent on this planet, I have caught glimpses of it from my Master, and the more I meditate on this Love, the more glimpses I catch from His heart.
One day I will see Him face to face, and I do not want to be ashamed for not having the courage to love as He loved, just because it didn't come naturally to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment