Sunday, February 27, 2011

4 years

Four years ago to the day, I was starting my new job in a new apartment, new city, new state. One that God miraculously opened up, just like today.
And this past week, I was asked to begin my new job on the next Sunday, which I didn't realize was the 27th until it hit me while washing dishes 2 days later... Yes, I was so surprised. God and I, we have this understanding. Dates are very special to me. I know it's probably silly, but even though I'm not a math person, I am a numbers person. Numbers, and what they represent.
I had hoped/wished earlier in the year that God would somehow give me a job on the anniversary of my previous one... But I didn't even check the calender to see what day the 27th would fall on--that thought being so much a wish and not really based on reality. I didn't even stop to think that maybe that day would fall on a Saturday, or a Sunday, in which case would've been the end of my wishful thinking.
In any case it's a good thing I didn't stop to look at my calender. God surprised me. I had totally stopped thinking about February 27th as the month went on. Not until Thursday, the 24th, did it hit me. And boy was I ever surprised! I second-guessed myself, and had to check to make sure I had the dates right.
God has consistently made certain dates special for me, and He never stops surprising me by it.
Even though I didn't get the kind of job I thought God wanted me to have, or that I thought I wanted, I got something even better, and one that started on a Sunday of all days, which gave me that beautiful gift of another set of numbers. These dates, numbers, they remind me of God, of how He's led me, and provided for me. They are like lampposts that light my path, from the past and into my future.
Even though this job is temporary, I know had it just for me. Even the way I came across it has a story, but that's for another day, another time.
I am just in awe though, of how God loves me. He could love me, and ignore certain dates, certain numbers. But no, He takes notice of the littlest of things. And the more I pay attention, the more I realize that He is always working in my behalf, He is always blessing me. He just wants me to notice, and thank Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment