Thursday, March 10, 2011

For Ever

"Thou has turned for me my mourning into dancing; thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever." ~ Psalm 30:11,12

God has been so good to me! He is so merciful! So mercy- full!
Every breath of ours should be thanks, should be gratitude, should be praise to the giver of every good and perfect gift.
I breathe in, and I breathe out, and it is all thanks to Him. He created me, He formed me, and before I was even a dream in my mothers heart, He devised a plan to redeem me.
Nothing I am called to bear, nothing I am given, is deserved.  No burden, no pleasure, no heartache, no gift am I worthy to receive.
All His gifts are good. And He is good! So good.
I will never deserve His gifts, but with my head and heart cast at His feet I accept it all, because He is good.
No cup is too bitter, no burden too heavy, no cross too cruel-- because He drinks with me, He lifts my burdens for me, and He already carried the cruelest cross of all- for me. Because of me. I caused Him to hang on that cross.
And yet He loves me. For ever.
How can I not praise Him, for ever, always. In all-His-ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment