Saturday, August 7, 2010

Renewed Consecration

I heard Mark Finleys sermon for ASI 2010 this afternoon, and I am so glad I did. He gave a similar message last november here at SAU, and I needed the reminder.
I'm saddened to say that since that sermon in november to hearing it again today, not much has changed in my life... At least not as much as I would like. And I guess in some areas I have even taken some steps back.
I have a lot of head-knowledge it seems, but so little heart-knowledge...
And how commited, how consecrated and dedicated and sold-out am I for Christ? If I was 100% sold out for Christ, would I even struggle with the world and its allurements? With self and it's demands?
I am grateful to God for another merciful reminder of the kind of Christian I should be, the kind I want to be.
I was tremendously blessed by hearing a man share about his conversion experience during the 2 o'clock afternoon meeting for ASI that was airing on 3ABN. He now works for Laymen Ministries. I can't remember his name, but I do know that I was deeply touched and encouraged by it.
This Sabbath has been a special day for me, and I am glad for the internet that enabled me to hear/watch what I did.
I renew my consecration to my King this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment