Monday, April 26, 2010

Don't Stop.

"Don't stop praying for something, just because it may take days or months or even years for you to see the results." I heard that statement on the radio today, and it was just what I needed to hear.

There is this dream of mine that fades and grows dim sometimes, probably due to my lack of faith. But today I am determined to not let the fire grow any dimmer, but to only burn brighter. Gods timing is never off, so I am content to trust Him with this desire that is very near and dear to my heart, especially since I know it is even more near and dear to His heart.
 I was reminded today that I am not the only one with this desire, and that God truly IS doing something about it. He knows that I am more than willing. He knows the growth that I need to grow through before I can serve Him in that capacity. Although my heart feels like it might burst from the huge need I see out there, I choose to wait on God's timing, trusting Him to make use of me when He chooses, and how He chooses. In the meantime, I will keep praying. Praying for laborers, praying for that place of service that He has for me in the future, and praying for faithfulness to the duties presented me in the present.

And from my favorite devotional site comes this thought
"There is no limit to the usefulness of one who, by putting self aside, makes room for the working of the Holy Spirit upon his heart, and lives a life wholly consecrated to God." DA 250, 251

No comments:

Post a Comment